Be prepared for the color intensity of your procedure to be significantly larger, sharper, brighter or darker than what is expected for the final outcome. It will take time for the transition, based on how quickly the outer layer of your skin exfoliates. Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may swell slightly or redden, some clients feel it best not to make any social plans for a day or two following any procedure.
While the injected tones may initially simulate the exact color and tone desired, it will not always remain a perfect match. Injected tones are constant, while your own skin tones will vary depending on exposure to cold, heat, sun, and circulatory changes.
Wear your normal makeup and bring your lip or brow pencils to the office on the day of the procedure.
NOTE: AII permanent cosmetic procedures are multi-session processes. You are required to come back for at least one perfecting visit before it can be determined that your work is complete. Perfecting and touch-up visits are scheduled from four to eight weeks after the initial procedure.
**IMPORTANT REQUIRMENT FOR LIP PROCEDURES**
If you have any history of cold sores/fever blisters/herpes simplex, (ever in your life) you will be required to contact your physician to obtain the proper prescription medication prior to the procedure, to prevent such outbreaks. Many physicians prescribe certain medication that you should start two days before micro-pigmentation and continue for four days after or as your physician prescribes. Remember that you will need enough for at least two separate appointments.
Before Having Your Procedure Done Be Aware:
- You must stay off any blood thinning products for 1 week before the treatment (aspirin, vitamins A,E), unless prescribed by a doctor.
- Do not work out the day of your procedure, it increases blood flow.
- You may want to schedule your procedure around your monthly cycle because of your sensitivity levels.
- When getting any eye procedures done you must be off Latisse for 1 month prior.
- Lash extensions must be removed prior to eye applications.
- Do Not Wear Contact Lenses During or Immediately Following the Eyeliner Procedure, Bring Your Glasses. You may resume wearing your contact lenses as soon as your eyes return to their pre-treated condition.
- If you are prone to cold sores around the lip area you must be on medication prior to lip color application.
- If you are considering Botox or any lip fillers, do them after your permanent makeup is complete.
- Any tweezing or waxing should be done at least 48 hours prior to the procedure; electrolysis no less than five days before.
- Any eyelash or eyebrow tinting or eyelash curling should be done at least 48 hours before the procedure.
- Any tweezing or waxing should be done at least 48 hours prior to the procedure. Do not resume any method of hair removal for at least two weeks after the procedure.